Protection measures for everyone
- Keep in mind that the incubation period varies from 5 to 14 days, so in that time, your status may change. Control your symptoms, it is recommended that you do the self-assessment when you notice important changes.
2- Stay at home
- •It is important to restrict activities outside the home to avoid spreading or spreading contagion.
- • Avoid the use of public transport, shared trips or taxis.
3- Don’t go to the health facilities
- Avoid going directly to health facilities, if you have doubts or new symptoms, self-assessment again and follow the recommended steps
4- Avoid contact with vulnerable people
- Who’s vulnerable? elderly people, people with chronic diseases and previous illnesses.
5- You are not required to wear a mask
- The mask should be used by people who have symptoms and who is in contact with them.
6-Wash your hands more often than usual.
- • Washing duration: minimum 20 seconds.
- • When: Especially if you cough, sneeze or blow your nose. Also before and after going to the bathroom, when you return from the street and when you go to prepare food or touch food.
- • How: The best option is to do it with soap and water, it is important to dedicate attention to the folds of the hand and rub the nails. If you don’t have soap and water on hand, you can do it with 60% alcohol-based disinfectant gel using the same technique until your hands are dry. → covid19 handwash brochure https://hsgm.saglik.gov.tr/tr/gocsagligi-afis-brosur.html
7- Avoid touching your face.
- This especially includes the eyes, nose and mouth, we know that sometimes it is inevitable, so it is very important to have very clean hands.
8- Use the Non-Dominant hand
- Use the non-dominant hand for doorknobs, transport, bathrooms, etc. because it is very difficult for you to touch your face with that hand.
9- If you need to cough or sneeze.
- Keep disposable handkerchiefs handy in case you need to cough or sneeze and throw them away when you use them. If you don’t have them, cover yourself with the inside of your elbow.
10- Avoid contact with other people.
- Maintaining a safety distance of 2m is very important to avoid contagion to you and also to others.
Recommendations for your caregiver
1- Home safety distance
- Respect the safety distance also at home whenever possible, staying in separate rooms, with the door closed and if it is possible using different bathrooms.
- • Use a mask when you need to be near the person with symptoms.
- • Remember to ventilate the rooms, but avoid the air currents to the rest of the house.
2- Hygiene at home
- • Clean frequently used surfaces and objects using disinfectant cleaning products and following instructions for use. Bleach is the most effective.
- • Also avoid sharing cutlery, crockery, towels and sheets with the people you live with.
- • Use a lockable trash bin.
3- How it is transmitted
- By drops that are expelled when coughing or sneezing, so hygiene and avoiding contact is vital to reduce contagion.
4- If you have an appointment already arranged.
- • Call the medical center to report the situation and follow their recommendations.