Hand, facial cleaning, and bathing habits also directly affect sexual hygiene. Recommendations for
maintaining sexual hygiene include:
- washing hands with soap and water frequently.
- Keeping the external genitals clean and dry.
- Avoiding using gels, wet wipes, perfumed solutions, etc. for cleaning the external genitals.
- wearing underwear made of cotton and that does not squeeze the body, paying attention to the
cleanliness of underwear.
- When using sanitary pads and tampons, you should use each pad and tampon for no more than
3-4 hours, and clean the genitals.
- Avoiding using towels, swimwear, underwear, etc. belonging to others.
- having regular health checks for early diagnosis of possible diseases.